BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

He's a Keeper...

So, I've already came to the conclusion about Cody being a keeper a long time ago, but this guy is worth bragging about. He has seen me at some of my lows and last night was definitely in my top 5 moments of wanting to drop off the face of the Earth.

Many friends and family know that I have been trying to pay off a few things so that when I file for divorce so that I have nothing keeping me financially tied to my ex. But after a series of events I don't care to elaborate on, I've decided I am going to count my losses on this one and be done with it.

It seems that no matter what I try to do so that I don't screw myself financially, somehow the ex makes some choices that lead to consequenses that in turn fall back on me. The longer I wait for things to happen, they just don't get taken care of.

(Que in the "Knight in Shining Armor" music)

Cody was working in Idaho yesterday and felt helpless knowing he couldn't do anything to help my situation. So last night in the midst of a psychological mind fuck, he calls me and tells me he misses me and is sorry he couldn't be there for me earlier. And to make things even better, rather than going home after a 16 hour work day, he drove straight to my work just to hold me and make me calm.

It's the little things like that that makes me fall more and more in love with this guy. He knows how to treat and lady and knows just the right things to say to better my mood.

I feel truely blessed to have him in my life. I tell him that every day. And even though I remind him constantly, I tell him just once more as a just in case.

And it's not just Cody that has helped me through this hard time in my life. I have an amazing support system of friends and family.

My cousin Shelly is helping me with the divorce process every step of the way. My mom and my brothers are always there for me if need be. My nieces are my reason for existance. And my best friend worries enough for the both of us I know where I may faulter, she with be there to pick me up and strive to put me back together.

Kacey even went out of her way to call me on all her breaks and when she got home to make sure I was okay.

I love each and everyone in my life for making me who I am today. If I have left anyone out I hope you know that you all have impacted my life in many ways and I value each and every one of you.

4 comments:

Kacey and Jon Adams said...

so funny thing, i dont have facebook, but i was looking all over this post to find out where I can "LIKE" this post... Im a moron

tmjrathgeber said...

I'm so happy for you Trina, you and Cody are such a good match for each other and I think both of you have made each others lives better. Good Luck with the process hopefully it is a smoother process than everything else has been.

T-Rizzie said...

I'm so fortunate to have you girls in my life! Love ya...

Tasia said...

I hope you know I'm here. I haven't seen you in a long time but it doesn't mean that im not here. So please let me into your life, keep me in the loop, as im trying to do the same with you. And i am very happy for you, all i want is for my friends to be happy and it seems as though you are :) Next time you come up let me know and we can have a girl day.